[ic] Can't locate object method "default_charset" via package "Vend::CharSet"

Marty Tennison marty at sediva.com
Mon Feb 16 17:10:24 UTC 2009

Marty Tennison wrote:
> I was getting this message in my log files whenever a person hit a
> members only page when they were not logged in...
>
> Can't locate object method "default_charset" via package "Vend::CharSet"
>
> I tracked it down to the PAGE_INIT variable, specifically, this line....
>
>         $Tag->deliver({ location => $Tag->area('account/login')});
>
> I found out that if I put that statement inside a perl block, it works.
> However, that statement is contained within a [calc][/calc] block then
> the error occurs.
>
> I tried to set the variable....
>
> Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET ISO-8859-1
>
> but that did not remove the error.
>
> I've replaced my calc tags with perl tags and all is well.  But I
> thought  I would pass this on just in case anyone else sees it.

After reading my last post I realized it was a little cryptic, my
apologies.  To summarize for clarity...

This works....

[perl]
    $Tag->deliver({ location => $Tag->area('account/login')});
[/perl

This does not....

[calc]
    $Tag->deliver({ location => $Tag->area('account/login')});
[/calcl

actually, it works, but generates the error above.

--
Marty Tennison                     The Sediva Company
email: marty at sediva.com
web: www.sediva.com
phone: +1-888-208-4755 x102
fax: +1-866-686-6719