[ic] Strange behavior when using CGI values as loop list elements

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Feb 26 04:44:36 UTC 2009

Quoting Marty Tennison (marty at sediva.com):
> Mike Heins wrote:
> >>
> >> It's an illusion. These times are so small that you can't count on them.
> >> Try this:
> >>

> Thank you for the pointer.  Yes, you were right, my example was much too
> terse.  In my quest for clarity I missed the target. :)
>
> Here is a more complete example that. When I run these two loops, the
> CGI examples takes 84 seconds to run while the scratch example takes
> 0.640 seconds.  Pretty dramatic.
>
> The weird thing is, if I put both of the loops into the same page and
> call it, they both have similar times. If break them up into seperate
> pages and call one with the CGI varibles and one without, the CGI page
> slows to a crawl.
>
> I put these examples into separate pages and call them both like this....
>
> http://www.domain.com/test?looplist=1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9

I can duplicate it. I don't know what is causing it yet. It may have
something to do with restrict/allow -- it is not happening when the value
is parsed.

You can work around it with:

	[loop list=`$CGI->{looplist}`]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?