[ic] ActionMap breaks subcatalog

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Jan 11 17:19:55 UTC 2009

Quoting Marty Tennison (marty at sediva.com):
> David Christensen wrote:
> > Marty,
> >

> >> When defining an ActionMap for a subcatalog, an error is produced when
> >> trying to load a page.  ActionMap does not appear to break the parent
> >> catalog, only the subs.
> >>
> >> This ActionMap is defined in both the parent and sub catalogs....
> >>
> >> ActionMap foo sub { return 1; }
> >>
> >> When the interchange server is started, all is well.  Trying to
> >> access a
> >> page on the sub catalog produces this error.
> >>
> >> store1 /cgi-bin/store1/ Runtime error: do not know how to copy
> >> Safe=HASH(0xad7aa98) at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm line
> >> 818.
> >>
> >> I was also able to produce a slight different error, but not sure
> >> how...
> >>
> >> store1 /cgi-bin/store1/ Runtime error: do not know how to copy
> >> Safe=CODE(0xaf8f6c0) at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Util.pm line
> >> 818.
> >>
> >> I have done some testing and "swapped" catalogs (made the parent the
> >> sub), the error remained.  So I think it *may* be a bug.
> >>

> > Do you have some more specific information such as your Interchange
> > version number, the specific name of the ActionMap, and the names of
> > the parent and subcatalogs?  Are these errors occurring on every page
> > in the sub-catalog or only on certain pages?  Are there any other
> > interesting messages in interchange and the catalogs' error/debug
> > logs?  Any messages when restarting interchange?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David
> >
> Hi David,
>
> My bad, I forgot to put version numbers, here they are, my apologies....
>
> IC=5.6.1
> PERL=5.10.0
>
> The ActionMap that causes the problem actually is...
>
> ActionMap foo sub { return 1; }
>
> The catalog names are "storea" and "storeb" (it's a test system)
>
> The error occurs when I try to access index.html but it happens on any
> page as far as I can tell.
>
> No other errors are reported in the interchange debug.log file or the
> catalog error file.
>
> I'll keep digging around and see if I can get more info out of the
> system to diagnose it.
>
> I think it has something to do with safe.pm since the copyref function
> has a test for /HASH/

You can't define an ActionMap in a subcatalog. Nor any code reference
type, because -- as it says -- "do not know how to copy Safe=CODE(0xaf8f6c0)".

It would be conceivable to make it work, but it does not right now.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  tollfree 800-949-1889 <mike at perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney