[ic] Admin orders

JT Justman jt at endpoint.com
Wed Jan 21 16:41:15 UTC 2009

drtester at netzero.net wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>
> I have a user running IC that needs the ability to do a few "special"
> things for custom orders.  These orders will always be done by the
> office personnel, and can be limited to the Admin UI.
>
> 1. Needs the ability to add "miscellaneous" items to the order, where
> they will fill in the quantity, description, and price.  There are
> too many little things they might want to put in here to create
> separate SKUs.

You might be interested in:

http://icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/glossary/order.html#OnFlyItems

You can also do this with one sku per miscelaneous item, with price and
description set using modifiers.

> 2. Needs the ability to adjust the price charged for each SKU item.

This is usually done with the mv_price item modifier. I just did this in
a recent catalog so here are some notes.

* Set UseModifier mv_price in catalog.cfg

* Add a line like the following to admin/entry.html within the
[item-list] section:
<input type="text" name="[modifier-name mv_price]" value="[item_mod
ifier mv_price]">

This will allow you to change the price after adding the item.

* The default CommonAdjust won't actually honor the mv_price because '$'
is after ':price'. Use caution as CommonAdjust can break things!

http://icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/glossary/price.html

> 3. Needs the ability to adjust the shipping of the total order.

There are a couple ways to do this. One is with [assign shipping], but
this doesn't integrate so nicely with the CGI submission flow.

Another is to create a shipping mode called 'custom' and then set the
cost of the shipping with a form variable.

custom: Custom shipping
    crit            weight
    min             0
    max             9999999
    cost            [value custom_shipping]
    free            Custom shipping

How to make this work with the form refreshing behavior of entry.html is
an exercise for the reader. Additionally, there is a check at the top
which will reset the shipmode if it isn't listed in the country table's
shipmode column - you probably don't want 'custom' offered to customers.

Good luck!

JT

jt at endpoint.com
http://www.endpoint.com