[ic] options list sorting

kerry kerry at basicq.com
Thu Jan 29 14:19:25 UTC 2009

It seems like my problem has come up before on the sort order of the
simple options placed on an item. I found this solution from the list, but
all I can get it to do is sort the options in the options table while
editing.

">Quoting Mike Heins (mheins at redhat.com)

> >You can edit the options table and set the o_sort field,
>which
> >will control the sorting of the options.
>
>Mike I don't know how to use the o_sort field.  I cant find
>any documentation or archives on proper usage.  I tried
>several options in this field but can't get the items
>sorted.  I am using simple options if that matters.
>
>Thanks for your help

The new documentation might be of some help in the matter:

http://ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/icfoundation_31.html

HAND,"

The link given above is no longer valid. So, am I missing a step in
setting the o_sort field? Is there another file I need to edit to turn on
the sort?

Kerry