[ic] Setting up Interchange and basic commands for Linux/Perl

Scott Winterstein 0turn1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:57:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Stefan Hornburg <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> I would suggest to start with a tutorial/howto/book about Linux/Perl to
> get at least a basic idea what you are going to do.
> For quick results, drop into the #interchange IRC channel on
> irc.freenode.net.
> Regards
>        Racke

 I appreciate the input. I have exp. in command line. I have worked with
cgi, perl, php, etc., etc. I just looked at alot of the information on
installing this and am looking for more straight forward installation help.
I have uploaded the files and uncompressed them. They right now are in a
folder (http://www.azlecomputers.com/demo) on my server. I have a program
called putty i am using to get in. Cant I just use telnet to do the same
thing? But when I try to telnet I get a failure? The server is a Linux
server with what is required of by Interchange to work. Any one that can
help just walk me through or get me going in the right direction is