[ic] MV_HTTP_CHARSET overrides charset Meta tag

Raymond Cheng rayonnet at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 19 22:20:47 UTC 2009

Hello, everyone:
Unless MV_HTTP_CHARSET is set, or otherwise all pages are automatically default to iso-8859-1 and the setting overrides Meta tag settings. I have a catalog with Chinese big5 coding with Meta tag as the following.
This meta tag works with version 5.6 until MV_HTTP_CHARSET is introduced at 5.7. I noticed the setting is in the server.pm. Can I just delete iso-8859-1 and leave the default setting of MV_HTTP_CHARSET empty? At least this will allow charset to be set from meta tag. Thank you.
Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.