[ic] can we link directly to a product page and track affiliate info?

Natalia Usselman natalia at idea-bureau.com
Wed Jul 22 14:55:45 UTC 2009

Hi, I am just starting to work with Interchange. I have a client that is
wanting to do more with affiliates on their website. We want to let the
affiliates link to a specific product page.

I have looked at Interchange documentation and I am under impression that
the products CAN be linked to directly and the affiliate name can be passed
in the URL, so from URL
https://www.shopthevalley.ca/cgi-bin/shopthevalley?mv_pc=KelownaEvents the
variable mv_pc should be passed down to individual products.

However, this is not happenning. When I enter the website at the affiliate
URL and get to individual products, the variable in URL changes

Could you please explain to me how the affiliate information is tracked in
Interchange? I took the URL of the product and stuck the mv_pc=KelownaEvents
at the end of it instead of 595 number and did a test purchase, but the sale
did not record as affiliate sale.

Natalia Usselman
Feature Project:
Search BC campgrounds by proximity to water, electrical hook-ups and more at