[ic] Upgrade procedure

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:32:00 UTC 2009

>> Database variable scalar parameter VARIABLE.TXT redefined to "TAB", was "TAB".
>
> You have a duplicate Database line for your variable database.  check
> your catalog.cfg and included files (including files in the dbconf
> directory and subdirectories).

You're right, I had variable.dbm in both dbconf/default_db and
dbconf/mysql.  I noticed I also have identical access.dbm and
mv_metadata.dbm files in those locations.  Does variable have special
handling in this case?

>> Warning while compiling UserTag 'ups_query':
>> "my" variable $result masks earlier declaration in same scope at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Business/UPS.pm line 97, <SYSTAG>
>> line 154.
>
> This is an issue with Business::UPS and needs to be taken up with the
> author of that module.  It is porobably safe to ignore the warning, though.

OK but should that usertag be disincluded from IC since it has a problem?

code/UserTag/ups_query.tag

>> 3. I use Interchange::Link and I had to add "SocketPerms 0666" to
>> interchange.cfg.  I get the following warning in the global error.log:
>>
>> ALERT: /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket socket permissions are
>> insecure; are you sure you want permissions 666?
>
> If you trust everyone who has access to the server then you generally
> don't have to worry about that, but it's a good idea to fix it anyways.
>  The proper way to fix it is to properly set the owner and suid
> permissions bit on your vlink file so that it can access the socket
> without requiring 666 permissions on the socket.

Do I need to stick with 666 permissions since I'm using
Interchange::Link instead of vlink?

- Grant