[ic] moving files to remote server, no root access

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Jun 16 13:57:03 UTC 2009

On 06/16/2009 06:28 AM, kerry at basicq.com wrote:
> I moved files from my test server at home to the remote server I am using
> to host the cart I am building. I had added many new fields to pricing and
> a couple to products. I can access the tables from admin on the remote
> server but I cannot see the new fields in the tables. I changed
> pricing.mysql, adding the new fields in the table. I then deleted
> pricing.sql and logged off and back on. This was what I could find on the
> mailing list for instructions. Another thing I found in admin
> administration is that the mysql database listed is from my test server as
> are the directory and catalog name, and server name. Not sure how these
> populated on the transfer or import function I used. Is there anyway short
> of restarting mysql to get the new fields to show in the database?

"Apply Changes" link in the Admin UI should do it.

Restarting the database won't help

Restarting IC will also pull in the changes, but Apply Changes should
work if you can't restart IC.

Also since you deleted pricing.sql it will actually drop the tables you
just changed and re-create them with the new fields and existing data.
This is usually not the behavior you want and if you don't want the
tables to be dropped and re-created then you should replace the .sql
files.  Also if you *never* want IC to drop and re-create your tables
then it is a good idea to add the following line to your catalog.cfg file:

NoImportExternal  Yes

Peter