[ic] Call for testers

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Thu Jun 18 08:24:54 UTC 2009

> -----Original Message-----
> From: interchange-users-bounces at icdevgroup.org [mailto:interchange-
> users-bounces at icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of jojospace
> Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:11 PM
> To: interchange-users at icdevgroup.org
> Subject: Re: [ic] Call for testers
> Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> [DEL]
> > Ok I must have missed that one.
> >
> > I got the new tree and compiled .. make however tells me in several
> > locations:
> > server/inetmode.......Bareword "Encode::FB_CROAK" not allowed while
> "strict
> > subs" in use at
> > /data/opt/site/git/interchange-
> utf8/interchange/blib/lib/Vend/CharSet.pm
> > line 67.
> I got the same similar behavior last month ago.
> With my newest production server and with IC Developer build from May
> 2009, FreeBSD stable version 7 and perl version 5.10.
> I got the message
> Bareword "Encode::FB_CROAK" not allowed while "strict subs"
> after the workaround from
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2009-
> March/050303.html
> The perldelta (for the perl version 5.10) tell me
> ---snip---
> I think it's this issue discussed in perldelta:
>      "warnings"
>          The "warnings" pragma doesn't load "Carp" anymore. That
>          means that code that used "Carp" routines without having
>          loaded it at compile time might need to be adjusted;
>          typically, the following (faulty) code won't work
>          anymore, and will require parentheses to be added after
>          the function name:
>              use warnings;
>              require Carp;
>              Carp::confess 'argh';
> ---snip---
> Without the workaround, I was not able to use the Spreadsheet page in
> UI
> and got a SafeUntrap error messages in the IC error log file each time.
> In such moment, I got a broken Spreadsheet page.
> I have switched the Perl version back to 5.8.9 and IC back to 5.6,
> because of my less time at this point (and to "reproduce" my developer
> server).
> I have no clue, about the cause of the two different misbehaviors. But
> it seems to me, anywhere is wrong or has a side effect with the newest
> Carp routines in Perl (> 5.?.?), Safe and maybe with UTF8.
> Maybe I am mistaken totally, but I have such kind of impression.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. I use Perl 5.10.0 on Debian etch and
currently testing with the latest available test version of the UTF8
implementation (David's branch) ... Apart from the Bareword
"Encode::FB_CROAK" not allowed while "strict subs", which can be worked
around, I do not see any problems with regard to warnings and Carp ... I
also do not think there is any code that is explicitly or implicitly added
to Interchange having this problem currently.

But maybe I am looking in the wrong place in the admin for the 'Spreadsheet'
page .. 



More information about the interchange-users mailing list