[ic] Require should mean require

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu Jun 25 14:41:09 UTC 2009

Jon Jensen wrote:
> But I would like to discuss making all the Require types die on failure,
> rather than just being warnings. It saves a lot of frustration to have
> Interchange scream loudly when there's a problem instead of finding out
> about it only later when things start to fail mysteriously.
>
> Please comment if you object to such a change.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Wouldn't this mean that if you have 56 customer catalogs running on the
same Interchange server, a misconfiguration in any of them would cause
all of them to fail to start?

(True, it's most likely a missing Require in the last catalog you added.)

I agree that the current behavior is too quiet.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall