[ic] Call for testers

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Fri Mar 13 12:29:59 UTC 2009

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke at linuxia.de):
> > I think Mike (reasonably) just wants backward compatibility to stop
> > breaking for non-UTF-8 stuff. I suspect Frederic, Stefan, Kevin, and very
> > few others who are actually using UTF-8 would be better suited to offer
> > opinions on changes in that setup.
>
> Yes, this should be configuration settings, not variables.
>
> Mike, do you use UTF-8 at all?

I think we havev one client who does, but they are careful to only
inject data in one field of the database. They don't use it willy-nilly
in every aspect of site development, as the UTF8 is just a language
they support from an English base.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous