[ic] Defunct CyberCash payment module

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 13 19:02:29 UTC 2009

Folks,

Years ago Verisign acquired CyberCash and switched CyberCash customers
over to Payflow Pro.

In the meantime, PayPal acquired the Payflow Pro business from Verisign,
and PayPal set a deadline in 2010 to stop supporting the old Payflow Pro
payment gateway interface.

We have a client who just switched from that old Payflow Pro module
(Signio, which required a proprietary binary library) to PayPal's pure
HTTP module. We'll soon be committing that new module, which is based on
initial code from Tom Tucker. (Thanks, Tom!)

In the meantime, is there any reason we shouldn't remove the ancient
Vend::Payment::CyberCash module? I can't think of any and will remove it
in the near future if nobody speaks up with reason not to.

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jon Jensen