[ic] Quick (hopefully) shipping question

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Wed Mar 25 16:02:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 23:34 -0400, Chris Kershaw wrote:
> Rick Bragg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I noticed in log_transaction that both the ship mode and description are
> > saved in the transactions table.
> >
> > shipmode: [value mv_shipmode] ([shipping-desc])
> >
> > Would it break anything if I ONLY stored the description?
> >
> > example:
> > shipmode: [shipping-desc]
> >
> > Would this be OK? or would it mess anything up from Standard?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > rick
> >
> Hello Rick,
>
> I would be careful with this. If you use the Admin UI for any order
> entries or updates, then removing the shipmode from the transactions
> will most certainly affect that. This value is used in
> recompute_transaction when updating orders which makes use of the
> shipping logic.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Kershaw
> End Point Corp.
> Direct Line: 919-249-5356
> Fax: 866-281-1373
> http://www.endpoint.com

Thanks!  I think I will keep the whole thing in there as not to affect
anything in the Admin UI.

I have made a "packing slip" admin page and my client wants to ONLY show
the description.  I'm not the greatest perl regex person, Does anybody
have a quick couple of lines to filter out the mode?

example:
change "ups_ground (UPS Ground)" into just "UPS Ground"
something like:
s/ beginning of line up to and including the first ( //g
s/ starting from and including first ) to end of line //g

Thanks!
Rick

believed to be clean.