[ic] userdb and mv_username question

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Wed Mar 25 19:03:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:31:03 +0000
Rick Bragg <lists at gmnet.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the affiliate database and I set up a login page that works
> fine. I am using the email login, so the "affiliate" column has
> "U0001" and the email column is unique.  Again, all that works
> perfect.  I can log in, create accounts, etc and everything is
> perfect.
>
> However, when I use the following code, I get logged in fine, but
> there is nothing in [value mv_username]!

Hey,

As I understand it, mv_username is primarily a CGI variable which
you pass from a form to Interchange when you want to log in (and
when you use the default Interchange's UserDB functions which
expect the username in mv_username).

After the user is logged in, [data session username] or
$Session->{username} is what you should be using, not
value mv_username.

Cya,
-doc