[ic] "Buy list" with simple and matrix items

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Wed Nov 4 13:35:05 UTC 2009

I've been scouring the archives and docs for a few days now looking for
a way to do this.  Since I cannot find the answer I'm thinking I'm
missing something conceptually in my understanding of how a "buy list"
works.

I'm trying to setup a pre-made list of items for the customer to
purchase with a single click.  The list is composed of simple and matrix
items.  If the item is a matrix item I want to pre-set the matrix
option(s) before adding to the cart.

Here is what I have been trying.... <stripped for brevity>

<form action="[process]" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="mv_order_item" value="001"> # Matrix
<input type="hidden" name="mv_sku" value="001-A">

<input type="hidden" name="mv_order_item" value="002"> # Simple
<input type="hidden" name="mv_sku" value="">

etc....

<input type=submit value="Buy All">

I am able to reproduce the "Attempt to order missing product code"
error.  I've tried all sorts of combinations.  I viewed the icdemo and
see that I can add multiple items to the cart with a single click but
the item options are not pre-set. It seems like this should be a very
simple thing to do.  What am I missing?

Marty Tennison                     DripDepot.com
email: marty at dripdepot.com
web: www.dripdepot.com