[ic] help!

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Nov 4 17:10:49 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 07:35 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Rick Bragg wrote:
>> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 17:17 -0500, Suzane Vecchio wrote:
>>> I am the owner of an online shopping site www.ny-beauty-secrets.com.
>>> The host for my site has been Netwave Designs(James Nemeth). He let my
>>> domain name with godaddy.com expire ( ! ) As well all of his contact
>>> information has been disconnected or terminated. My businees has been
>>> immediately shut down! As well I cannot access any of my files
>>> or customer orders thru the Interchange. The shopping cart as well is
>>> affected. Netwave also owns my other (active) domain name
>>> www.nybeautysecrets.com which I understand from godaddy.com is active
>>> until 8/2010. I would like to know if you would be able to help me to
>>> access the Interchange and gain access to all my information. I would
>>> like to be able to continue with your services. Is there a way I can
>>> avoid the timely process of rebuilding an entire site? Thanks
>>> Suzy
>>>

>> Going to the netwavedesign.com website and clicking on there hosting
>> service options, they have a "We'll be back soon" message.  That's
>> troubling...  Is anyone answering the calls or email at Netwavedesign?
>> It seems that your nybeautysecrets.com site is Interchange AND running
>> fine.  Is this just ONE catalog with two domain names? or are they two
>> completely separate catalogs?  You should be able to get all your data
>> and Interchange code of you can somehow still log into the server at
>> NETWAVEDESIGN.COM regardless of the name expire issue.  There is a grace
>> period of about a month where they can simply pay to renew the domain,
>> if that grace period goes by, then there is a last minute "get this
>> domain back" option that will cost a couple of hundred dollars, after
>> that it ends up being available to public.
>
> The bad thing is that the SecureURL points to www.ny-beauty-secrets.com,
> so you can browse the site, but not use the cart and the administration.

You can get into the admin with a line in your hosts file.  From there
you may be able to change the SecureURL if it is (as usual) set via a
catalog variable, even if that is not the case it is possible to use the
admin's file interface to upload a new catalog.cfg file.  Of course this
presumes access to the admin UI to begin with.

Peter