[ic] Interchange demo: userdb mail_list field cannot be set to empty

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Nov 5 17:46:43 UTC 2009

Quoting Ton Verhagen (ton at verhagen.net):

> Quoting Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >Quoting Ton Verhagen (ton at verhagen.net):

> >>Apparently an empty cgi variable does not overwrite an existing value
> >>variable.
> >>

> >This is not true at all.
> >
> >You can test it yourself:
> >
> >   http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/checkout?fname=ton&mv_action=refresh
> >
> >That will show your name. Now do:
> >
> >   http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1/ord/checkout?fname=&mv_action=refresh
>

> You might be right in this regard.
>
> But please try similar things with check boxes and/or multiple selects:
> an empty selection (no checkboxes ticked) won't overwrite an existing
> value in the session.

That would depend on your browser. If the thing is sent, it will be honored.
If it isn't, it can't be.

In any case, if you made a patch to the account page in the main branch,
you need to back it out. It is not valid.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

There's nothing sweeter than life nor more precious than time.
-- Barney