[ic] Interchange 5.7.4 release timeline proposal

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sun Nov 8 10:17:49 UTC 2009

Jon Jensen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I propose that we schedule the release of the next development version
> of Interchange on Tuesday, December 8.
>
> I also propose that we have weekly working IRC meetings on Tuesday, such
> as we've had before, including on December 8, when we can work out any
> last-minute patches etc.
>
>  From what I can see, our biggest goal between now & then is to test,
> test, test the UTF-8 support, and fix any remaining problems we
> encounter. We need people to test Interchange 5.7.3 using various
> versions of Perl, different catalogs, etc. to help us find any problems.
> There are other problems described in RT tickets that anyone could take
> a shot at.
>
> If after Interchange 5.7.4 we feel we have UTF-8 more under control, I'd
> suggest we move quickly through a beta-test and release-candidate cycle
> and release new stable version 5.8.0. Then we can recommend that for all
> users and bury the ill-fated 5.6 branch.
>
> Any comments, especially from the core team?

That sounds good to me. What about a Adopt-A-Bug campaign, where developers
take responsibility for a bug from RT ?

I'll take care of #303, #268, #305 in the next week or so.

Also I suggest to communicate with Lyn. He seems to have updated versions
of some payment modules.

Regards
         Racke

Interchange Development Team