[ic] creating a coupon/discount/pricing framework for interchange

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Nov 10 05:15:42 UTC 2009

On 11/09/2009 03:51 PM, Marty Tennison wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> I'm getting ready to tackle adding a flexible coupon/discount/pricing
> setup for our site.  I'm going to try and implement something like
> Magento has but not that complete.  If you have every seen the Magento
> discount rules you'll know what I am talking about. (very kewl, very
> flexible, very slow :) )  I want to create a admin page(s) where the
> users (or myself) can setup some discount pricing rules and get an
> overview of what rules are currently in effect etc...

Yeah, I've done something along this line but I haven't seen what
Magento has to offer.  The basic Idea of what I have done is to
implement some basic discount rules and have a usertag that determines
what discounts apply to a particular item, then outputs a CommonAdjust
atom which will adjust the output price accordingly.  There is also
other "majic" scattered about here and there to help with displaying the
discounts better, and also a system whereby a discount code can be
entered and applied at checkout time.

All in all it's not a single solution but a few different solutions that
work pretty well together, and is fairly customized to the site of this
particular client, but if you want something similar then that is
certainly doable.

Peter