[ic] IRC meeting yesterday

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Wed Nov 11 11:31:58 UTC 2009

We investigated two UTF-8 problems at the meeting [1][2].

The character set conversion for file uploads happens in
Vend::Server::parse_multipart before we know which catalog the file upload
belongs to. David and Racke agreed that we store the character set for
each uploaded file in $CGI::file_encoding first and do the conversion in
Vend::Dispatch::open_cat just before the call to open_database().
Functions which write the data in $CGI::file to the file system need
to pass the corresponding value in $CGI::file_encoding to

David proposed to run all email headers through Encode::encode('MIMEB') to
encode them properly. Racke posted a link to Bugzilla sources where
they deal with a similar problem [3].

In addition to that, I noted a problem with instructions in the UPGRADE
document. Jon Jensen fixed this problem [4] and spurious code in the
administration pages [5].

See also the complete log of the meeting [6].

Thanks to everyone present. The next meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday
at the same time.

[1] http://rt.icdevgroup.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=268
[2] http://rt.icdevgroup.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=255
[5] http://rt.icdevgroup.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=321