[ic] No key 'sku' found for function='insert' table='products'

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue Nov 17 13:40:22 UTC 2009

Tom Friedel wrote:

> Any idea why I would get this error on a 4.7 system when
> inserting/updating products through admin interface?  The table does
> have a key 'sku' and the dbconf file is normal and unchanged.

This message has nothing to do with your database setup or configuration.

It stems from Vend::Data::update_data (should be similar even back in 4.7):

	elsif ( ! @{$data{$prikey}}) {
		if($autonumber) {
			@{$data{$prikey}} = map { '' } @{ $data{$fields[1]} };
		}
		else {
			logError("No key '%s' found for function='%s' table='%s'",
						$prikey, $function, $CGI::values{mv_data_table},
						);
			return undef;
		}
	}

So it looks like you don't provide a SKU for the product.

Regards
          Racke

Interchange Development Team