[ic] Patch to Remove reference to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Sun Oct 18 21:30:53 UTC 2009

Quoting Carl Bailey (carl at endpoint.com):

> As recently mentioned by Mike Heins, the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big
> module is deprecated. The first commit of this patch removes the
> reference to that module from backup_database.coretag.
>
> A second commit adds a call to compatibility_mode() for the
> spreadsheet object, to ensure the XLS file that is generated is as
> widely usable as possible. Ref: http://search.cpan.org/~jmcnamara/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-
> 2.25/lib/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel.pm#compatibility_mode%28%29

I think I will add this as an option only to query2xls. Since Excel and
OpenOffice don't require it, and since it is a performance drag on large
files, I think it is not good in general.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

{((>:o}~  <<<<Oh look!!! An idolatrous image of the prophet!!! Surely
we must now avenge this blasphemy by burning down the world!!!