[ic] (no subject) Send Email after updated record.

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Wed Sep 2 12:03:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 00:39 -0700, Raymond Cheng wrote:
> Hi, All:
>
> Is there a way within ic that can email ship notification for orders' status updated with odbc? I have connected mysql with odbc to update order status. I can change orders' status to shipped and archived them. However, no email will be sent. Thank you.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Raymond
> Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook.
> http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009

Maybe try running an IC "job" at the same time of your odbc update.  You
can even put it in sudoers to let outside programs do all kinds of
things.  Just put your code to look up customers and send emails to in a
file like "catalog/jobs/sendcustomeremail"

Then in sudoers put:
username LOCAL = (interchange) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/interchange-5.6.1/bin/interchange --runjobs=catalogname=sendcustomeremail

Now "username" can call this from the command right after an update.
/usr/local/interchange-5.6.1/bin/interchange --runjobs=catalogname=sendcustomeremail

Rick

believed to be clean.