[ic] Verified by Visa & Master Secure Code

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Thu Sep 10 07:24:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 10 September 2009 07:54:28 Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> > If you look into my Sagepay module you'll find everything you need for
> > 3DSecure, and other gateways have similar methods to implement the
> > protocols. I have to say that it's a bit of a nightmare to read though,
> > but then the whole 3DSecure system is convoluted and even testing can be
> > fraught with false results.
>
> OK, thanks for the feedback. How did you do the testing?

For Sagepay (it was Protx then) they have both a simulator and a test a/c that
can be used on the live server. Their simulator never simulated reality
exactly with various false results to waste my time on. They also use windoze
which is case-insensitive, and I once spent half a day tracking a bug where
they sent a case different to the one documented. The test a/c can't be used on
3DSecure stuff, so the only way forward is to test enough that they sign off and
let you run the module live, and then setup a cheap product item and run final
tests on the live server.

I've seen other testing environments that are worse. I've always found that a
cheap product and live testing is the only way to be confident.

Cheers
Lyn