[ic] AllowRemoteSearch Question

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Fri Sep 18 14:54:01 UTC 2009

I've installed 5.6.2 and set the AllowRemoteSearch option in my
catalog.cfg. I use some custom backend pages which search the
transactions and orderline tables using forms such as:

<form action="[area search]" method=post name="search">
<input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
<input type=hidden name=mv_search_page value="results_orderinfo">
[seti asearch1]
fi=transactions
st=db
co=yes
op=eq
sp=results_orderinfo
ml=[scratch matchlimit]
[/seti]
<input type=hidden name=mv_profile value=asearch1>
View Order<br>
<input type=text name=mv_searchspec size=10 maxlength=30>
<input type=hidden name=mv_min_string value=3>
<input type=hidden name=mv_search_field value="order_number"><br>
<input type=hidden name=mv_coordinate value="Yes">
<input type=hidden name=mv_searchtype value="db">
<input type=hidden name=mv_column_op value="eq">
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT name="mv_submit"  Value="Go">
</form>

And this of course now fails unless I add the transactions table into
the AllowRemoteSearch line.

Now the docs say:

"You should
carefully examine your catalog for uses of the search form action, or
pages which submit a form to a page called search or scan. If they specify
a search file other than products, variants, or options, you should
consider rewriting that page to just accept the search terms via CGI
parameters, and not the entire search. Please consult the documentation on
in-page searches:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/doc/icdatabase.html#In-Page%20Searches
"

I read that page but I'm not clear on exactly what changes to make. Can
someone provide an example of how to edit my form, or maybe a more
specific link in the docs? Thanks!

DB