[ic] My subroutine conflicts with Interchanges subroutine.

Bill Carr bill at bottlenose-wine.com
Wed Sep 23 18:19:58 UTC 2009

Running Interchange 5.6.1.

I had a UserTag like so:

UserTag ship_cost Routine <<EOR
sub {
	...some code, blah blah, blah...

	sub apply_discount {

		...some more code...
	}
EOR

My usertag was invoked on the same page that IC's subtotal tag was
invoked. My sub apply_discount was being called instead of IC's
Interpolate::apply_discount from Interpolate::subtotal.

Should I be able to make UserTags that have subroutines of the same
name as Interchange's subroutines? Who's screwing up here? Me,
Interchange or both.

This was a nasty problem for me as a change I made to a single catalog
caused no subtotal to be displayed on some 80+ sites.

-Bill Carr