[ic] Next IRC meeting

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Sep 24 10:53:19 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, September 29th, the next Interchange meeting is scheduled to
take place on #interchange IRC channel at chat.freenode.net.

Among the main topics we expect to discuss are:

* Review of the recent release, bug reports, etc.
	We just did a release on all current branches.  How did it go and what
bugs, if any, came up that still need to be addressed?

* Remaining UTF-8 issues that have to be dealt with before we release 5.8.
	The main blocker to an IC 5.8 release is a few UTF-8 issues, imo.  We
should discuss which of these bugs still needs resolving and try to get
them hashed out right away, or assigned to be resolved.

* Requirements for a 5.8 release.
	What else needs to be done before we can get 5.8 out the door?

* PerlAlwaysGlobal and PerlNoStrict directives.
	I wasn't even aware these existed until Stefan pointed them out just
now.  Apparently they were workarounds for issues that no longer exist
and they are completely undocumented (as far as I can tell).  Can we get
rid of them?  This may be more appropriate to just discuss on the
mailing list.

All Interchange users and the general public are invited.

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 29th, or Wednesday,
September 30th, depending on your time zone. Please check this site for
the meeting time in your area.

<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=29&year=2009&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=0>
or <http://tinyurl.com/yctse75>

If you don't already have an IRC client set up, you can use the Freenode
web IRC client (after login use the white line on the bottom for typing
your messages).

<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#interchange>

We look forward to seeing you on #interchange!

Regards,

Peter Ajamian