[ic] Pass WWW compliance tests, What needs to be changed?

Rick Bragg lists at gmnet.net
Thu Aug 26 18:48:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 16:03 -0600, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I get the git repos what do I need to set or change to make the website
> pass all tests for WWW and css?  I have had a stroke and getting back to
> where I was is taking a lot of time.  I have forgot all programming skills
> and have learned to walk, talk, and write again.  So Please give be a
> little more detail.  I know I am going to probably got through the long
> learning curve again once I relean, c, c++, python, perl, php, all shell
> scripting, awk and sed.  Thanks, in advance.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Boyd,

Wow, that's a life's work to forget, I really admire you.  I hope its
not all lost and that at some point soon you get it all back and then
some!

Do you have catalogs that you made in the past?  Do you use a service
such as "Total Validator"  That would show you the problems with the
site, then maybe you could search for the specific problems in text.

example:
cd catalog/
grep -r 'problem' catalog.cfg dbconf/ etc/ include/ pages/
special_pages/ templates/ variables/

I use this allot to find things in the catalog when I forget where they
are...  Also, you can search like this through the interchange
directory...

Hope that helps!
Rick