[ic] MatchSecure... sound familiar?

Justin La Sotten justinl at fragrancenet.com
Thu Dec 2 21:25:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Paul Jordan <paul at gishnetwork.com> wrote:

> I seem to remember a... directive? tag? parameter? ...something that would
> basically assure that https would be used on a page if, the previous page
> used ssl. It's really a vague memory to me, and I cannot for the life of me
> find anything in the docs. I want to say it had the word "match" in it and
> thought it was MatchSecure.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?

There is a tag by Kevin Walsh
(http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/mirror/usertags/is_secure.usertag)
that will return a boolean if the current page is secure.
You can use that to like so:

[area secure="[is_secure]" href="some/page"]

There is also a catalog level configuration directive called
'AlwaysSecure' (http://www.icdevgroup.org/docs/confs/AlwaysSecure.html)
that can be made to ensure that certain pages are always secure when
using an [area].

- Justin La Sotten