[ic] Is Auto-creation of User Accounts Necessary?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Fri Dec 31 19:35:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have an IC catalog that we've been running for years without utilizing
the user accounts, though it was set up using the foundation demo and
auto-creates a user account each time an order is placed.

My client wants to utilize the account system now and we're preparing to
launch that feature. In order to keep things clean, I'm planning to wipe
out all previously existing auto-created user accounts and start fresh.
I'm also thinking it would be nice to only have accounts in the system
that users actually create.

My question is, would an IC catalog set up using the old foundation demo
(from version 5.4.2 or earlier) require auto-creation of accounts for
all orders, or is that something that I could remove from the
transaction process without causing problems?

I realize that IC catalog setups can vary greatly, so I'd also like to
know if there is anything in Interchange's core that depends upon each
transaction having an associated user account.

I'm currently running version 5.4.2 (yes, we'll be upgrading soon!).

Thanks, and a happy new year to you all!

Cheers,
Tom

--
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC