[ic] IC 5.7.4 , GDBM & UTF8

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sat Jan 2 10:36:26 UTC 2010

Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> Does anybody have a working setup with Interchange, GDBM and UTF8?
>
> I have the following situation:
> - locale.txt  -> UTF8
> - pages with includes (textfiles) -> UTF8
>
> Scenario 1)
>
> catalog.cfg  contains:
> Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET UTF-8
> Variable MV_UTF8 1
> DatabaseDefault GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1
>
> - remove locale.gdbm
> - start interchange
> - creates locale.gdbm
>
> Result: includes are displayed correctly .. data from locale.gdbm  is not
>
> Scenario 2)
> catalog.cfg  contains:
> Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET UTF-8
> Variable MV_UTF8 1
>
> - remove locale.gdbm
> - start interchange
> - creates locale.gdbm
>
> Result: includes are displayed correctly .. data from locale.gdbm  is not
>
> Scenario 3)
> catalog.cfg contains:
> Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET UTF-8
> Variable MV_UTF8 1
> DatabaseDefault GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1
>
> - keep locale.gdbm from Scenario 2)
> - start interchange
> - NO new locale.gdbm created, old one still there
>
> Result: includes and data from locale.gdbm are displayed correctly
>

> So in order to get my GDBM data to be displayed correctly after an update to
> my .txt file
> is to disable DatabaseDefault GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1 , start interchange, then
> change
> my cfg to enable DatabaseDefault GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8 1  and restart
> interchange.
>
> Can anybody reproduce this?

Looks like a bug :-(. Can you please check Locale_repository in your
structure file for each of these scenarios. I found fallback characters
in one of my copies:

  'Email confirmation for %s' => "Best\x{c3}\x{a4}tigung der Anmeldung zum %s",

This indicates a problem.

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team