[ic] IC 5.7.4 , GDBM & UTF8

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Sat Jan 2 11:54:27 UTC 2010

> > Gert van der Spoel wrote:
> > > Does anybody have a working setup with Interchange, GDBM and UTF8?
<snip>
> > > Can anybody reproduce this?
> >
> > Looks like a bug :-(. Can you please check Locale_repository in your
> > structure file for each of these scenarios. I found fallback
> characters
> > in one of my copies:
> >
> >   'Email confirmation for %s' => "Best\x{c3}\x{a4}tigung der
> Anmeldung
> > zum %s",
> >
> > This indicates a problem.
>
> Yes that is what I see aswell ...
> 'Excavators' =>
> "\x{395}\x{3ba}\x{3c3}\x{3ba}\x{3b1}\x{3c6}\x{3b5}\x{3af}\x{3c2}"
>
> So having the settings for UTF8 'correct' at the time of reading a GDBM
> file things are fine.
> Seems like when writing things are going wrong when all the UTF8 flags
> are on, at least when the writing occurs during server restart ...
> Have not yet tried other cases.

For now I comment out 'apply_utf8_filters($dbm) if
$config->{GDBM_ENABLE_UTF8};'
from the 'create'sub in lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm

That for now seems to solve my specific issue with locale.gdbm ... I do not
know if this solves other situation (such as writing to a GDBM file during
normal operation) ... No time currently to test this.

CU,

Gert