[ic] shipping question

kerry at basicq.com kerry at basicq.com
Fri Jan 8 14:53:13 UTC 2010

At present, I am using standard catalog and have my shipping set up as
follows via the shipping module in admin. Up to 99.99, flat $7.50 per
order. Over $100, free shipping.
Because of UPS oversize and remote area deliveries, I get clobbered with
shipping cost on some orders. What I would like to do is continue using
the above since competition is using simular method, but would like to be
able to id the items that I know fall into, and have an extra surcharge
placed on them like the 7.50 currently is. I have it setup now as an
option which works ok, except I have to enter as a value greater than
amount needed because of the way I have my discount on all items setup. I
posted my shipping.asc file on paste bin. http://pastebin.ca/1742634
Not sure how to use the module's formula method, or if I can use it for
the addon. I can id the products in the product.txt file for $ or size
identification.