[ic] Multizip and Multistate do not require

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Fri Jan 8 17:26:51 UTC 2010

IC 5.6.2

As standard ships, the Common Profile has among other things:

I should mention that I do have MV_STATE_REQUIRED and MV_ZIP_REQUIRED set
properly. With this, I was under the impression a zipcode and state would be

If the customer is not from the US or Canada, they can get through the
checkout without having a state or zipcode. I noticed this because I was
getting autocreate failures with sporadic German customers that were
including their postal code  prefixed on the City, and leaving the postal
code blank.

Anyway, to work as expected, one would really need this:

I'm submitting this to make sure this was the intended behavior, or is there
in fact a bug.

Just to be clear, as Standard ships, auto-creates can fail.

Paul Jordan

Consulting, Design, & Programming > www.gishnetwork.com
t.626.275.2517   f.866.401.2657