[ic] UPS ConnectShip API / Shipping API

Jeff Dafoe jeff at downtowndevelopmentplan.com
Wed Jan 13 14:41:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:18:52 +0100, Ton Verhagen wrote

> Dear IC enthousiasts,
>
> For one of our projects we need integration with UPS via their
> ConnectShip and/or Shipping API.
>
> Has anyone done this before?

I've done it for a high volume non-IC project which interfaces with UPS,
Fedex, and DHL.  For UPS, I've found the new "Online Tools Web Services" API
to be superior to the older "Online Tools XML Tool".  Specifically, the older
XML API requires two request/response pairs whereas the newer Web Services
interface uses a single request/response.

Overall, it's fairly easy to implement for domestic shipments.  The most
difficult part is figuring how to print the shipping labels that the API returns.

-Jeff