[ic] Can default shipping be blank?

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Fri Jul 16 18:53:10 UTC 2010

Hello IC Users,

One of my client's catalogs is seeing an issue with non-domestic
customers not selecting a shipping method, resulting in an order that
uses the default shipping method (FedEx Ground, in this case).

I'd like to make selection of a proper shipmode required to place an
order, so that I can minimize the possibility of orders being place with
an invalid shipping option. One idea I've had is to not have a default
shipping mode and make mv_shipmode required in the order profile. I'm
wondering if that will cause any other problems.

Does anyone know if that approach will work? I'm open to other
suggestions as well.

The catalog is running on IC 5.4.2 (yeah, I know we need to upgrade).

Thanks,
Tom

--
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC