[ic] Creating a new admin user

NEST @ Yahoo nest_consulting at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 23 19:43:52 UTC 2010

There is always the very obvious possibility to create users/groups with the
Administration/Access UI menu and see what it does in the access file.

Martin H.
N.E.S.T. Solutions

Right, so I found the file and added an entry with a Ruby library and
everything works.

Thanks anyway,
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Samuel Mullen <samuel at phalanxit.com>
I've been tasked with figuring out how to add a user to a company's
interchange application. I've tried going through the interface itself, but
that errors out; many pages do. I did manage to find a page which listed
"hidden" tables; one of those was named "access". After much searching - the
system is a mess - I'm concluding that this is a dbm database and not a
MySQL table. It looks like it might be a file named access.gdbm

If someone can clue me in to how Interchange stores this sort of
information, that'd be great. I think I can figure out how to access the
database through dbm. I'm hoping the passwords are just unix crypted.

I know this is pretty bare information, but it's really all I have to go on.
Many pages don't work and I'm just trying the keep the system in place until
my clients can replace it.