[ic] PCI Compliance

Jon Edwards fornews at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:05:32 UTC 2010

>> Has anybody had to take any special technical or other steps (outside of
>> firewall, and other basic sys-admin tasks) in order to ensure a "PCI
>> Compliant" Interchange?

Not Interchange specific but one that is causing some issues with
testing new versions, unless we are doing somethings wrong.  In order to become PCI Compliant we had to turn off telnet and only leave ssh on, which is
causing problems during the "make test".  Now four out of the six test during the running of "make test"
come back as NOT O.K. it says that that is o.k. but one wonders.  Is there anyway to fix this?  I was able t upgrade but I am now having issues with the install of new catalogs and do not know if one has to do with the other.  Has anyone any thoughts on this?

> It's not so bad.  I added the following to my apache2 config to fix
> some SSL issues:
>
> SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
> SSLCipherSuite
> ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW:-SSLv2:-EXP:-eNULL

My ISP is giving me some grieve about this, as this is supposedly a special install/configuration.

Special install of the OS or IC ?

Will/could this have any effect on anything but the method that encrypts encrypted traffic?

Thanks

Kyle