[ic] PCI Compliance

Ky Hisberg kyhis2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 20:46:58 UTC 2010

>> In order to become PCI Compliant we had to turn off telnet and only leave ssh on, which is causing problems during the "make test".  Now four out of >> the six test during the running of "make test" come back as NOT O.K. it says that that is o.k. but one wonders.  Is there anyway to fix this?
>
> I don't think your disabling telnet has anything to do with Interchange's "make test" failing. Most of us haven't run telnetd on our servers for 10+ years,
>  and the tests work fine.
>
> What else did you change around the same time? Did you set up any firewall rules? Change or enable SELinux or AppArmor? Etc.

Hi Jon,
I am still trying to find out any changes in the firewall or the changes to the programs you mentioned.  The one major change that did happen was an upgrade from Debian Etch to Debian Lenny.  I did not see any infos on that that could cause an issue but is there any thought that the CPAN modules you have to be recompiled and installed?  Is that something that could cause that kind of problem?  If it was just the error messages during the make test I could live with that, but the concern for me is that I am having problems installing a new catalog.  I sets up the catalog o.k. but when I restart the IC it says that IC can not be stopped.  So I put the previously installed and back-up version back in and the system works.  But I would like to set up a new catalog and for the system to run as designed.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kyle