[ic] How to make login mandatory

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue Mar 2 14:03:49 UTC 2010

> Hello IC gurus
>
> I am trying to make my IC website only accept orders from authorized
users. Wonder what would be a simple way of achieving this.

> Is it possible to prevent people from seeing the produces listed and all
other menus without logging in?

> Thanks
> Hari

You can use the session variable logged_in to test is someone is logged in.

In case someone is not logged in you can for example use the [bounce] tag to
show a different page where people are shown limited information and
possibility to log in or create an account ...

You'd add the logged_in check to all pages expect for the page that one is
bounced to when not logged in ...

But I'm sure there are more ways leading to Rome ..

CU,

Gert