[ic] URL encoding bug in Vend::Interpolate::esc

Rok Ruzic rok.ruzic at informa.si
Sun May 16 21:48:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, 16 May 2010 12:53:07 -0500
David Christensen <david at endpoint.com> wrote:
I haven't looked at the patch, so can't comment
> on that specifically, but if it's using ord(), etc. as opposed to the
> encoding functions, I'd be against doing it that way.

I only tested with ord(), unpack() and friends to find out what perl
thinks of these characters in various contexts. The patch itself merely
replaces the regex condition already in place with one, that also
matches wide characters for escaping, and thus conforms to the standard
that Racke pointed out.

To solve this thing properly, i think we should find and use a suitable
module. Doing it ourselves makes no sense.

> Regards,
>
> David

LP,
Rox