[ic] Vend::Track lengthy headers cause ISEs in Apache

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Fri May 21 06:00:22 UTC 2010

-1 .. I don't think functionality should be removed until there is a clear
alternative.
Someone without access to the server does not have access to Apache logs and
someone who just wants to run his shop perhaps does not want/think about
putting Google Analytics ... For starters those Usertrack logs are useful
enough to people.

I am in support of making sure the ISE disappears, how that is done is up to
whoever spends time on it ... It is rare, it does not happen to everybody
and it is not a big deal (at least not for most of us). :)

> > Anyone *not* in support of at least making "UserTrack no" the default
> in catalog.cfg?

I am fine with making UserTrack no the default .. So +1 to that ....
Mike suggests that in that case the 'Report' tab does not get shown, which
seems to make sense as I believe that that tab uses the data collected with
UserTrack yes .. Or have it show an alternative message 'You need to set
UserTrack yes to make use of this report facility'...