[ic] conditional surrounded reparse breaks

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Thu Nov 4 12:16:42 UTC 2010

Quoting Paul Jordan (paul at gishnetwork.com):

>    I have a situation where I conditionally serve page content, alternatively
>    serving and different page via an [include]. I realize I can use a bounce,
>    but I do this in this particular page so the page name stays the same and
>    the user is unaware they are not seeing what they are supposed to be seeing.
>    Donât comment on the âwhat?â, itâs a very odd situation with a third party
>    that I have very limited access to. Simplified:
>
>    [tmp foo][/tmp]
>
>    [if scratch foo]
>        [include pages/existingpage.html]
>    [else]
>
>        regular page content
>        [strip reparse=0]
>            <!--[if IE]>
>                test 1
>            <![endif]-->
>        [/strip]
>
>    [/else]
>    [/if]

Why not

   [if scratch foo]
       [include pages/existingpage.html]
   [else]
       [include pages/otherpage.html]
   [/else]
   [/if]

??

Alternatively you could do:

   [if scratch foo]
       [include pages/existingpage.html]
   [else]
       [tmpn t_content]
	   regular page content
	   [strip reparse=0]
	       <!--[if IE]>
		   test 1
	       <![endif]-->
	   [/strip]
	[/tmpn]
	[scratchd t_content]
   [/else]
   [/if]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.328.4479  <mike at perusion.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous