[ic] orderline.db / transaction.db / ascii copy

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 8 16:23:17 UTC 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Glenn McCalley wrote:

> Good Morning.
>
> We log an ascii copy of all orders to a library "orders" using the etc/report format.  It appears that we are getting orders completed and logged to the orders library without having them logged to the transactions.db and the orderline.db.  I can't seem to identify a common factor, just happens from time to time.  The customer does get their receipt online and their email order copy.
>
> Are there legitimate circumstances under which this can happen, or does anyone know the error conditions that would cause this?  Debug log for the 2 orders I have researched look good, payment OK etc.

Hi Glenn,

I think it's pretty safe to say that there should never be a legitimate case where an order was processed successfully, but the transactions/orderline tables are empty.  IME this indicates an issue with the [import] step for the transactions table; I've seen this occur in some cases with particular UTF8 settings or other issues with the actual data that's generated.  (In many cases we have moved to using [query] directly for populating the transaction-related fields, as [import] can be filled with tomfoolery and is pretty silent in its failure modes.)

Regards,

David
--
David Christensen