[ic] Filter doesn't interpolate by default? Wha...?

Paul Jordan paul at gishnetwork.com
Sun Nov 28 05:16:27 UTC 2010

> From: peter at pajamian.dhs.org
> On 28/11/10 04:25, Paul Jordan wrote:
> > most, if
> > not all other tags default interpolate=yes, reparse=no.
>
> Actually the default for all tags is interpolate=no reparse=yes unless
> changed by the UserTag directive's Interpolate or NoReparse attributes.

What the F batman. I don't see how I could have thought the opposite for the last 10 years.  :-)

Maybe I had it wrong all this time?

[if scratch foo][scratch bar][/if]

I thought that Interpolation meant that when this IF tag evaluates, that it's output will be whatever is stored inside [scratch bar]. If Interpolate is off, then when this IF evaluates it will place [scratch bar] verbatim, square brakets and all, to the page. Reparse on the other hand, I always thought meant that if turned on in this example, would process ITL tags that may be contained inside the storage of the scratch "bar" (kinda like recursion).

Is that wrong? With my assumptions all this time, things have worked pretty much as expected.

Furthermore, I'd swear on my ex-girlfriends grave that the docs used to reflect interpolate=true, reparse=false. I remember back when I first got into this - it's very clear in my memory.