[ic] Fedex www lookup

Thomas J.M. Burton tom at globalfocusdm.com
Wed Sep 1 23:27:33 UTC 2010

  On 8/17/2010 7:17 PM, Bill Carr wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2010, at 6:39 PM, Thomas J.M. Burton wrote:
>> On 6/15/2010 4:15 PM, Peter wrote:
>>> **SNIP**
>>> <http://github.com/pajamian/stuff/blob/8f122b93416df22e55920ef5242cc7d4bc405a35/interchange/fedex_query.tag>
>>> The copyright header is incomplete but consider it to be under GPL2+.
>>> The code is huge and quite a mess but have a look, maybe you can make
>>> something of it.  It was meant to be a very comprehensive interface to
>>> fedex services but it never really got off the ground.  If you do
>>> something with it please get back to me with your changes and fixes.
>>> Peter
>> Hi all,
>> Just wondering if anyone has made further progress with Peter's FedEx
>> Web Services code. I find myself needing to switch from the
>> DirectConnect method to Web Services and if anyone else has this
>> working it would sure be a helpful start. I only need the rate lookup
>> to work for this particular catalog.
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2010-June/052075.html

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the link to your FedEx Web Services code. I haven't been able
to sit down with it until now and have a few of questions.

1. Aside from obviously changing Bottlenose::Shipping to some equivalent
for my system (Vend::Ship perhaps), are there any other parts of your
code that are specific to your setup and would need to be changed?

2. I would assume that I'd need to save the code off as a .pm file and
place it somewhere in my interchange directory, such as
interchange/lib/Vend/Ship/FedExWS.pm - is this correct?

3. Once I have this module in place, how do I go about using it? I'm
familiar with utilizing UserTags, but not entirely clear on how
something like this would be integrated into a shipping method.

Others are welcome to answer too, of course. Thanks to anyone for
pointing me in the right direction to get this working.

Global Focus Digital Media, LLC