[ic] Spiders and more lists again - possible bug?

DB DB at M-and-D.com
Thu Sep 2 20:16:21 UTC 2010

> On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, DB wrote:
>
>> After more digging, it appears that the max_matches that Jon committed
>> here
>> http://git.icdevgroup.org/?p=interchange.git;a=commitdiff;h=72809c4b84bc71dbfc5478d03fce97a81f8d3ece
>> may now be broken.
>>
>> After moving my site to a new machine with a fresh install of IC 5.6.3,
>> I was unable to get the max_matches feature to work. Just for fun I
>> replaced the stock DbSearch.pm with an older version that I created
>> using Jon's code. Then the max_matches began to work again.
>
> The mv_max_matches feature is new, and thus went into the development
> branch only. It is not part of Interchange 5.6, just 5.7 and later.
>
> It's pretty likely you can apply the patch for that commit to your 5.6
> version without much difficulty, though.
>
> Jon

Yep - I was able to get it working. I saw the the stock DbSearch.pm
contained the string mv_max_matches so assumed that the feature was
supposed to work. Now you see why I'm not a programmer - I know just
enough to cause trouble.

DB