[ic] Weird problem: SOAP requests handled by page servers

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Sep 17 18:33:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> I'm facing a weird problem with Interchange handling SOAP requests on a
> particular server.
> Instead of passing the SOAP requests to a SOAP process they end up at
> being handled by the page servers. They of course choke on the SOAP
> requests and don't return anything useful. This setup on the server has
> worked for years and just recently turned bad. Restarting Interchange
> didn't help.
> I'm not aware of any recent changes which might have caused this
> problem, but it is of course very unlikely that Interchange is doing
> that without any particular reason.
> Anyone has an idea how to debug this?

Wow, that sounds crazy, Stefan. Sorry to hear it.

The only thing I can think of to debug it is the usual: Tons of debug
logging (with timestamps!) during the request dispatch cycle in
Vend::Server and Vend::Dispatch, so that hopefully when it happens again
you'll have more clues to sift through.

Jon Jensen
End Point Corporation